Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Circus Stufflings

Did you enjoy going to the circus when you were a kid?  To me it was a delight to the senses!  I remember sitting on the edge of my seat as I watched the trapeze artists soaring through the air, the smell of cotton candy and the bright, colourful outfits worn by all the performers.  And of course, I loved the animals too!  So, for my latest project, I thought it would be fun to make some Circus Stufflings.

 
Ellie is a dear little elephant who's wery skilled at walking the tight rope.  She wears a beaded lace skirt and crown.  Barnacle is the ringmaster and it's his job to make sure everything is running smoothly.  I made him a waistcoat edged in a contrasting blanket stitch and a top hat with a silvery band.  Dandy is a little clown and he has a removable clown nose that ties behind his neck.  He wears a ruffle collar and a hat with a matching band.  They will all be available in my shop tomorrow.




















Dandy with his clown nose on.





















Barnacle.























Ellie.


Please remember that I'll be having the draw for my Blog Anniversary Giveaway on Friday the 15, so if you haven't entered you still have a chance:  http://gingermelondolls.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-anniversary-giveaway.html

Shelly
xo