Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Paper Dolls

Unfortunately we had to postpone our trip to the island, so we're home and enjoying a lazy, sunny weekend here instead!  Of course, I just can't be lazy for very long, and I've been wanting to have another go at making Paper Dolls, so, that's what I've spent my day doing!  I wanted to go with a 1930's theme and I hope you'll recognize it when you see the illustrations.  Please let me know if I'm too far off the mark:)


This is Ginger (had to give them names of famous movie stars!), she's the only girl finished for the moment.  I printed her onto cardstock and coloured her in with pencil crayons.  The colours are really a lot more vivid in person and hard to capture accurately with a camera.


  
Top left:  Just coloured and waiting to be cut out.  Top right:  A print of the original, printed onto card stock.


















      
Mae                                                                                                    Clara

Vivienne

I'm hoping to finish the other three tomorrow.  Can you guess which movie stars I've named them after?  I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with them yet, but I'm thinking along the lines of selling them as a set of colouring pages.  Kids (or adults) can colour, cut and put them together very easily and the best part is that they pose very nicely:)   I'd love to hear your ideas too!

hugs,
~Shelly